Here at Naccessories, many of us consider ourselves millennial women. This pretty much means that we grew up living and breathing music such as *NSync, Backstreet Boys, Britney Spears, and TLC. We watched popular TV shows like Are You Afraid of the Dark?, Friends, The Real World, and The Simpsons. We even had cool snacks such as 3D Doritos, SqueezIt, and Fruit Gushers. Let’s face it. The 90’s basically embodied our childhood, which was pretty darn awesome.
This is why we’re excited that 90’s fashion is officially back on trend. Here are our top ten 90’s styles that won’t be going away anytime soon (at least not this year).
1. Chokers - Nearly every trendy celebrity, fashionista, or Instagirl is rockin’ these naughty little pieces. Not only are these accessories super affordable, they’re also simple and sexy.
2. Crossbody Handbags - Unlike having a clutch or a purse, the crossbody bags have a long strap, which means hands-free! Perfect for holding your essentials without actually holding onto your bag.
3. Combat Boots - These shoes were re-introduced on this past Fall on the designer runways of Céline and Calvin Klein. The perks? They’re edgy, they match almost anything, and they’re comfortable!
4. Denim…Everything - Remember when Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake made their official debut as a couple all decked out in a Canadian tuxedo? From dad caps, to jean jackets, vests, and even rompers, denim is back in.
5. Dark Lipstick - In the 90’s dark lipstick was trendy with vampy, goth styles. Nowadays, whether you’re rocking a blackcurrant, plum, or a burgundy lipstick.. It instantly gives you a cooler look, and you’re pretty much going to steal the show.
6. Fanny Packs - They’re just so versatile.. You can wear them at pool parties, going hiking, or even when you’re out and about. Fanny packs with a little bit of edge to it such as a cool logo or a fringed fanny pack can also up your fashion game.
7. High-Waisted Mom Jeans - This vintage look is back with a bit of a twist. The great thing about these jeans is they not only accentuate your figure, you can match them with a pair of cute pumps, flats, or even sneakers.
8. Platform Shoes - Blame the Spice Girls for this trend, but today’s celebs have been rocking them again in full force. Recently stars like Kendall Jenner, Vanessa Hudgens, and RiRi have all been seen paying homage to this classic 90s look.
9. Off-the-Shoulder - Nothing screams feminine and flirty more than an off-the-shoulder top. Melissa Joan Hart wore it in the 90s. Now you can even see our former first lady, Michelle Obama, looking amazing in it.
10. Hoop Earrings - Dangly earrings are out and hoop earrings are back! It’s a nostalgic but fun accessory that brings out our inner Jenny-from-the-block.