Posted on August 03 2017
Believe it or not, coconut oil is the ultimate all-around beauty product -- at least, it’s the closest you can get to it. There’s a reason why celebrities such as Miranda Kerr, Angelina Jolie, Gwyneth Paltrow and Emma Stone swear by coconut oil, and it’s because it yields so many benefits. This natural ingredient is so versatile it can be used as part of your beauty, health, or even cooking regimen. We've been loving fractionated coconut oil, which is coconut oil processed in a way that leaves only the healthy medium chain fatty acids. Majectic Pure Fractionated Coconut Oil is our current fave because it smells just too good to be true!
Here are 10 great beauty tips for using coconut oil:
1. Moisturize Your Skin - From clearing up blemishes to preventing wrinkles, this is one of the most common uses for coconut oil. Because it revitalizes both damaged and dry skin, you can use it alone or even mix it with your daily lotion for a glowing complexion.
2. Condition Your Hair - Using coconut oil for your hair can make it stronger and shinier. Make a coconut oil hair mask by lightly melt coconut oil by running a jar under warm water. Apply the concoction to wet hair and let it sit for at least 5 minutes. After rinsing, you will immediately notice vibrant results.
3. Unchap Your Lips - Because it is super hydrating, coconut oil can also be used as a chapstick. Put some into a small holder such as a contact lens case and take it with you on-the-go throughout the day.
4. Get Rid of Those Eyebags - Using a pinch of warmed oil, you can create a DIY coconut oil under-eye cream. Just dab a bit underneath your eyes to reduce those dreaded eye bags and prevent wrinkles.
5. Defrizz Your Hair - Not only can you condition your hair with coconut oil, you can also use it to protect against frizz. Simply apply a pea-size amount to the bottom half of your hair, and the oil will leave it feeling soft and glossy all day.
6. Clean Off Makeup - No need to spend extra on wipes when you can make your own! A mere teaspoon of coconut oil works as a great makeup remover. Massage a small amount of liquefied oil to your skin and witness the change! You can even use this to clean your makeup brushes.
7. Substitute Shaving Cream - Next time you run out of shaving cream, use coconut oil. Rubbing coconut oil onto your legs before shaving can not only give you a really close shave, it also adds moisture to your skin.
8. Freshen Stanky Breath - Since coconut oil has antibacterial and antifungal qualities, you can also use it as a mouthwash. This method is known as “oil pulling” and it involves gargling a spoonful of oil for 20 minutes, which kills germs, gives you healthier teeth and gums, and removes embarrassing breath odor.
9. Whiten Your Teeth - Instead of using enamel-stripping whiteners or a teeth brightener filled with chemicals, mixing coconut oil with baking soda is a natural option for whitening your teeth. It is also a great substitute for toothpaste.
10. Make Your Own Deodorant - It’s actually very easy to create a DIY coconut oil deodorant that can get rid of body odor, moisturize your underarms, and leave you smelling great. Simply mix coconut oil with arrowroot powder, baking soda, cornstarch and your choice of scented oil, and you’re good-to-go!